Friday, March 14, 2008

Take that James Cameron!

I'm building a replica of the M41A Pulse Rifle as seen in the 1986 film Aliens. This is one of the most iconic sci-fi weapons I can think of and that might be because it was designed by James Cameron himself. As a collector of replica weaponry from films, I've wanted a Pulse Rifle for some time. For my replica, I've chosen to source the various parts from different makers who I respect very much for both their knowledge of the weapon and their craftsmanship. Here's the first photo showing very early stages of the build:

Here's a list detailing the various parts required and the maker/source I have chosen:

Thompson M1A1 (Airsoft): Cybergun
Remington 870 (Airsoft): Maruzen M870 BV
SPAS-12 hand guard and slide action sleeve: OEM Franchi parts
Airsoft Adapter: M41A.com
Metal barrel vent and stock: Matsucorp
Shroud kit: Matsucorp
Replacement grip: Matsucorp
Metal grenade launcher front block: Phil S.
Short magazine: Tokyo Marui
8-stripe sling: mnoble2
LED '95' counter: Spatcave
Misc. M870-SPAS hardware: DATA

I'll post more as the parts arrive.

No comments: