Friday, March 28, 2008

We've got movement...

This is just a small update. I received the machined Grenade Launcher front block from Phil S. and it is a beauty. Now that I have it, I can start to do some of the cutting on the SPAS-12 hand guard. I know where all the cuts need to be made, but I felt it was wiser to wait until I could test fit the alignment of parts relating to the cuts. I'm still waiting for my Maruzen M870 to arrive so that I can finish the Grenade Launcher assembly.
I also took the opportunity to black out the airsoft adaptor parts from Tom over at M41A.com. You can see that pretty clearly in these photos. I just noticed that my PR has been chosen for 'Pulse Rifle of the Month' over at M41a.com. What an honor! I'm just starting on my build, so I'll try not to let you down.
Some tracking numbers were given to me this week for some pretty important parts. I'm guessing I'll have some real progress in the next week or so. For now though, I'll keep taking small steps in preparation for the big leaps to come.

No comments: